My Top 12 SNL skits:
- Alec Baldwin as Donald Trump
- Celebrity Jeopardy with Will Ferrell as Alex Trebek, Darrell Hammond as Sean Connery, Norm McDonald as Burt Reynolds
- Mr. Robinson’s neighborhood with Eddie Murphy
- Close Encounters/Paranormal skits with Kate McKinnon and Cecily Strong
- Tina Fey as Sarah Palin
- Word Association (1975) with Richard Pryor and Chevy Chase
- Meet your Second Wife with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler
- Taran Killam as Jebediah Atkinson (cultural and political critic)
- Dan Aykroyd and Jane Curtin Point/counterpoint (“Jane, you ignorant slut”)
- More Cowbell (Will Ferrell and Christopher Walken
- Toonces the Cat with Steve Martin and Victoria Jackson
- The Continental (Christopher Walken)
I would not be shocked if the winner of the next Presidential election is not determined by voters but by the military.
Why does the re-opening of MLB, NBA and NHL along with the proposed start of NFL football seem like the start of an extended exhibition season for all sports? Does Las Vegas have an over/under of how many games each sport will have before they are forced to close down?
Donald Trump may not have airports, government buildings or ships named after him as he leaves office but there will be wings of libraries stocked with shelves of books written about him and his presidency. Forget books written by those who worked with Trump or are historians, teachers and news analysts. The most incisive and reveling book will come from his third and recently divorced wife, Melania.
Pornography is now better regulated on the internet than political propaganda and is often less obscene. (So I hear)
What is more dangerous? Not wearing a mask in a crowded bar or being an attractive female working at Fox News?
Capitalism-an economic and political system in which a country’s trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state. Can someone explain to me how we are a capitalist economy when the Federal Reserve is propping up the stock market with zero interest rates, while billionaires, large corporations and certain “churches” are receiving financial handouts even though many do not need the money?
There has already been a lot of discussion about Trump’s presidency relative to his standing with that of his predecessors. Trump, himself feels a kinship to Abraham Lincoln. I decided to take a historical scenario and based on how Trump has handled current crises and project how he would have handled a crisis in the past. I am comparing how FDR actually handled events in WWII to how Trump may have handled them. (Depending on your point of view, you may think my comparison an amusing parody or you may think, “Yeah, you got it right.”)