With apologies to my past and future pickle ball partners, here’s what you may expect from playing with me:
- I will continually forget the score and you will have to remind me what the score is.
- I will poach at the most inopportune moments and leave you to cover the entire court.
- I will chase “out balls” like a dog chasing a flung chew toy
- My eyes are not what they used to be so my line calls may need a second review.
- I will play with anyone and at any level. Win or lose, I want my partner to have fun and to be willing to play with me again.
- I am not good enough to offer advice. My best and only advice to most players is to continue to play, have fun and your game will improve over time.
- When I “tag” someone on the opposite team, I will generally apologize and check to ensure they are OK.
- My hearing is as reliable as my third shot drop – – so you may have to repeat things to me.